Nutritional Care Diets for Cats And Dogs in Huntington Beach
Nutrition and diet maintenance is an important aspect of pet ownership in Huntington Beach, California. Special breeds of dogs and cats can develop joint problems due to obesity and predisposition to various joint diseases.
It’s important to speak to your vet about your pet’s specific needs and how to manage their diets to ensure they’re thriving.
Now, you can shop directly from the THRIVE website for your pet in Huntington Beach.
How We Care For the Nutrition and Joints of Your Pets in California
Fish oil supplementation has been shown to decrease inflammation in joints and help build up the skin barrier in animals with allergic skin disease. Our Veterinarians will discuss the dosing of fish oil for an individual pet and how a lower dose should be used initially and built up to the full dose. Some pets may have softer stool in the beginning of supplementation.
Our Veterinarians will also recommend specific brands of fish oil based on research and the type of ingredients used. Fish oil supplementation is very affordable and pets usually consume it easily. There are many benefits to Fish Oil including:
- Inflammation of the heart, kidneys, skin, and joints—such as Osteoarthritis
- Inflammation due to allergies, and reduce itchy skin, dandruff and hot spots.
- Promoting a shiny, healthy coat, and reducing shedding
- Promoting brain and eye development in puppies and kittens
Sometimes our pets need a little extra help to gain the nutrition they need after a surgery, injury, or sickness. Our veterinarians know the benefits of ensuring your pet gets the proper nutrition they need. Currently, THRIVE clinics stock the following prescription diets:
- Hill’s A/D Nutritional support of pets recovering from surgery, illness or injury
- Hill’s I/D for digestive care for your pet
- Hill’s C/D for urinary care for your pet
Speak to your veterinarian to determine the best diet plan for your pet.
Important Nutrition Information
Watch the video below to learn more about nutritional diets that
can help your pet recover from anesthesia.